Friday, March 14, 2008

biopsy issue

a couple of weeks ago, my breast biopsy was postponed because of an"abnormal" EKG which turned out to be normal after a 2nd one....
now there is a chance that it will be postponed again because of a mean infection on the hand that has lymphedema. For the rest of my life, that hand and arm are supposed to be protected as best as is possible from any kind of cut, bruise burn etc....as any one of those an easily cause serious infections and further affect the lymphatic system....
well 2 weeks ago while shopping for rotisserie chickens to bring to Inger's family - i burned the back of my hand reaching into the hot tray....the burn was about 3 by 4 inches......
the first visit to the internist decided just to watch it and apply antibiotic cream - she didn't think it was infected at the time....
it blistered, the blisters fell off and yesterday with my check up with the oncologist, she said it was hot and red and infected so she put me on a regimen of antibiotics....
the swelling of the lymphedema is quite bad caused by the trauma of the burn.....
my surgeon will look at it monday morning to decide if the surgery is a go on tues......
on more wave to ride.....
i of course don't even want the surgery, but given that it is the best thing to do - i want to get it over with.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, you are in my thoughts. I love you, Geri