Thursday, July 31, 2008

catching up

i am back at the keyboard tired, grouchy and overwhelmed at many levels after a 10 day trip to MA to visit my family.....
it was a great time being with them and i miss them a lot....however the humidity and heat wave did me in .... the medication i'm on causes horrific hot flashes through out the day and they were multiplied back east....
i truly need a vacation to recover - i spent far too much time driving..... didn't take the time to just hang out at the beach or anywhere for that matter.....
visiting family members, high school and college friends took up most of the time.....
i had a few trials of being lost and my phone out of service but managed to find my way "back home"
i almost succumbed to the notion of a GPS based on the lost experiences..... they do have a place , i guess......
flying did cause more swelling of the lymphedema but mostly it maintained itself - thankfully.....
i do now have some ugly blisters as the fluids are quite backed up.... the hope is to keep them as blisters - not break them which can lead to ugly infections.....
the plane trip back to s.j. was its own nightmare which i will write about next time.... my fatigue level is still pretty high right now and all i want to do is sleep......
traveling while doing lots of drugs and not being strong and able as i once was is quite an undertaking....
but i am here, safe and blessed to have a home to come back to......
more soon.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home safe and sound even though you are worn out and tired! We enjoyed having you in Massachusetts. I have left there myself and am winding my way back to Florida. Till we meet again, I love you, Geri