Friday, November 07, 2008

I WANT A DAY OFF

no one will much care about this post but felt like venting about it........
today the only stop was the pharmacy for more drugs for a bladder infection....
but each week when i look at my date book, i long for a day without a medical appt of some sort.....a day just for me to do whatever i want.....
here is how it has gone just this past 2 weeks and it's more or less always this way....

2 physical therapy appts for lymphedema drainage massage( this is a weekly regimen)
OBGYN annual physical, pap smear and an order for an ultrasound to be scheduled for followup on fibroids
rheumatologist appt for polymyalgia with order for a bone density to be scheduled
eye exam appt with opthamologist
community breast project counseling appt - weekly
trip to morgan hill for fitting for compression glove and sleeve
6 month check up -mammogram and ultrasound
appt with surgeon to discuss those results ( which were all OK!!)
appt with internist to check on heart murmur found by surgeon and OBGYN
2 trips to hospital lab for blood cultures
and so it goes.......
next week - pretty appt full also - ultrasounds for fibroid followup and one for annual checking for kidney stones AND scheduling a visit to cardiologist to check on the murmur...
most all of these appts mean managing drug dosage so i am a walking pharmacy and am also tired of that..........
THE GOOD NEWS
I have the very best of doctors who are careful, efficient and on top of everything as my body grows older and in need of more attention......
but i still want a day off!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you! Just reading your schedule wore me out! Thank goodness, gas prices are going down. Wish there was something I could do to make you better. I love you, Geri