Thursday, December 18, 2008

with humble gratitude

2 news stories on pbs greeted my morning on the way to an 8 a.m. dental appt-both of which filled me with gratitude and a humble awareness of the blessedness surrounding me.....
50,000 people in New Hampshire will not have power thru christmas......no lights, no way to cook christmas dinner, no heat........ and i have a fit when 1 string of about 1000 lights goes out on my tree..........
82 homeless people who died on the streets of s.f. were remembered in a memorial yesterday-and i feel overwhelmed at the clutter filling my space and home-all this space and all mine........
it is so easy for me to get carried away at this time of year -
i overdue everything from decorating and shopping and then feel guilty... i work hard every day on my addictive personality but it doesn't always work........i did put out only about 1/2 of my ms anna claus and angel collection and the muppet ornaments are not all on the tree......
a very difficult thing for me to do....
my prayer is for all those who lack the blessings that i try to be grateful for each moment
i wish i could be more comfortable with the simple life..........
those in N.H and on the streets everywhere have no choice but to know what that means

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful blog Eileen...I am so proud of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN.....

Anonymous said...

Dean then procedes say he doesn't think the image is one of one, and then he shows images of an ancient skull, which resembles the shape of the alien pictureƂ¦especially the top rear area of the head.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bayswater Bags[/url] How many ways can you write down that you have practiced, drilled and rehearsed for overcoming objections? If you don't have at least ten ways that you have practiced, drilled and rehearsed, a little work in this area will help you dramatically with overcoming objections.. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose women parka[/url] Qivctupem
http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk Rftigvgdf [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose canada[/url] zrgkrvhmi