Saturday, January 10, 2009

who needs this?

somehow i have developed bursitis in my already compromised (lymphedema and PMR) shoulder and arm which in turn has pulled, strained, sprained the trapezoid muscle in my upper back
the pain is unbearable- and i am at a standstill as far as doing anything......christmas is still up everywhere and there is no way i can put it away presently.
even this typing will cost me in the pain dept.....
the pain medication (Norco) wasn't doing a thing so friday the dr put me on oxiconton!! a real strong narcotic and i ended up calling him to say it wasn't working...he doubled the dose and i still haven't gotten any relief....i must have a strange body as others have told me if they were taking what i'm taking -they'd be flat out. i don't even feel it.......
i've been mostly in bed with ice packs which numb things for a while......
i was scheduled to go on a retreat for the weekend but had to cancel - lost my deposit but there is no way i could have driven to san rafael and then concentrated on the retreat work.....
the dr sent me for an MRI on thurs and i called chris to come with me as i knew i couldn't do it alone. thankfully it was at the end of his work day.
he held my hand for the whole hour.....thank you, thank you, thank you and i did get through it..........
not sure what the outcome will be -i see the dr on thurs -not sure there is anything they can do...
i'm very discouraged and unable to do anything........
who needs this?????? where is end of pain........?

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

yeah, who needs it? that is such a BUMMER. you have been through too much already....

Anonymous said...

You certsinly don't need this !!! I think you have had enough. Love ya
Maureen