Thursday, April 16, 2009

6 month good news

yesterday was my ongoing 6 month check up for breast cancer and happily i am cancer free........!
the day is a really hard one as it's a lot of waiting for results from the mammogram,, ultrasound and bone scan...
thankfully the place i go has the dr right there so there is no going home and waiting for result....
the check up was 2 hours and my body is really sore today from all the pushing and pulling that has to be done for the tests.....
what they did find is cysts in the breast that had cancer......they are filled with fluid which is a result of the lymphedema.....
the lymphedema is in the upper quadrant where i had radiation and it is very debilitating and depressing.....my hand, arm and breast are very swollen and will be for my lifetime.....
i hate wearing these garments but i must.......and have the heavier bigger one for bedtime which i have posted before............... i also have an insert for one side of my bra which doesn't provide for the best of looks in a lot of my clothes.................but......I AM CANCER FREE !!!!

5 comments:

Tim said...

Congrats Mom on getting through a rough day and being cancer free!

Christa said...

I'm so happy for your good news!

jaki said...

Great news!!

Maureen said...

Love that kind of news.

Love ya
Maureen

GERI said...

YIPPEE!