Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh Christmas tree....





In years gone by, i would go get my tree, drag it into the house, put it in the stand, string hundreds of lights and add lots and lots of ornaments....as the years have progressed, i now have friends help me get the tree - tim and chris get it in the stand and friends drag boxes of lights and decorations from the garage....
it's hard to realize that i cannot do it by myself, but those days are gone forever....particularly this year with the remnants of a broken shoulder, lymphedema, lots of pain an fatigue....
so i'm practicing letting go......it's very hard for me......
this past week chris got the outside lights up which so delight me....
yesterday my friend nicolas spent the day with me dragging boxes from the garage, stringing lights and decorating the tree........not much else is done but i am so happy to be able to see my tree finished.....angels and ms claus are still in the garage....
the mess left behind in the living room will take a few days to clear up but i am going to ask a friend for help.......
friends and i'm sure family wonder why i do all this decorating when i'm here alone for the holidays....but it brings me happiness and joy to be surrounded with the beautiful things i have acquired over the years.... since all former traditions have disappeared or changed, my decorated home is what i can hold onto....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS TREE, WORTH THE WORK! I LOVE YOU, GERI