Wednesday, December 19, 2007

words i need to hear



yesterday was a particularly hard day with pain and feeling overwhelmed with all the holiday stuff i put on myself..... i think the pain that is constant adds to the overwhelm..... 2 different people that I encountered said soft words that i needed to hear as i can be so hard on myself..
i went to postal plus at the corner to mail a package and the woman there knows me and my journey this past year as i go there instead of the post office whenever i need anything..
in the course of our conversation and her asking me how i was doing - i told her i had my tree finished and Anna Claus and angels in place and that my cards will be late and packages to my family will be late she said "Good for you for doing what makes you feel good and decorating like you want to ..."
Then off to the rheumatologist for a check up on the Polymyalgia.... we talked about the serious pain from that and the cancer prevention drug and he said" you know, you are an awesome woman...to be admired.....you inspire us - with all that is going on in your body, you just keep going!" Soft and gentle words from people who barely know me, but they just entered my heart and lifted my spirits in the moment..... I guess I need to tell myself more often how awesome I am ( of course a lot of it comes from my Taurus stubbornness and my memory of debbie reynolds in the unsinkable molly brown singing I AIN'T DOWN YET !
the pictures aren't great but give an idea of some of the decorating....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you don't feel merry & bright, your home certainly does! What a lovely job of decorating....makes me wish I were sitting in your living room relaxing and gazing at the sights. I love you, Geri