Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Down,down,down

Ever since the big rain and wind storm on Jan 6th my internet access,has been DOWN
This past fri i fell DOWN - tripped in the living room putting away Christmas and have bruised my ribs big time.....horrible pain...
Because of the constant getting nowhere with Earthlink for 9 days and now this horrendous pain my spirits and psyche are DOWN.....
with lots of help from Christopher, a new modem and this poem i found shortly after getting back online and checking one of my most favorite blogs have me feeling a little less DOWN..... I love the poem and the site where if appeared seemingly just for me today....

We have not come here to take prisoners,
But to surrender ever more deeply
To freedom and joy.

We have not come into this exquisite world
To hold ourselves hostage from love.

Run my dear,
From anything
That may not strengthen
Your precious budding wings.

Run like hell my dear,
From anyone likely
To put a sharp knife
Into the sacred, tender vision
Of your beautiful heart.

We have a duty to befriend
Those aspects of obedience
That stand outside of our house
And shout to our reason
"O please, O please,
Come out and play."

For we have not come here to take prisoners
Or to confine our wondrous spirits,

But to experience ever and ever more deeply
Our divine courage, freedom and
Light.

~Hafiz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This poem is wonderful. I'm going to print it and send it my Julie. It is so fitting for the place she is in..... I am happy you are back up and running (or walking as the case may be!!!). Love you, Geri