Saturday, July 07, 2007

Nana's Camp






Liam has been here camping out at Nana's to fill up a week of school vacation. We had a great time, although I must say a 6:30 a.m. rising time is not my regular schedule !!! That part was hard on the body. He spent one day visiting his uncle John for some serious sports and swimming.
We went to the museum, did art projects, read Spanish books (over my head but he does really well), hung out in the back yard with a big wheel, baseball, "volleyball"
My body is still not itself and the heat made it hard, but I loved every second of it.....
He is the sweetest, gentlest soul and brought me only joy ....
Still haven't decided on a compressions garment so wore a makeshift one that the therapist gave me....it was really hot...

I have been really sad all day missing him.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww I know that sad feeling of missing those small soft bodies of wonderfulness. My grandkids left on Thursday and the house has felt so empty!

Anonymous said...

Let's face it! Grandchildren tug at our heartstrings like no other persons can. Our kids are great and we love them, but there is something so special about grandchildren. They seem to love us different, have no expectations, just enjoy us for what we are. They think we're cool! My own kids NEVER thought I was cool!!! Hold on to these boys. We know someday they will grow up and fly away but we will treasure our lovely memories of these times with them. I love you, Geri

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a week you had!!! and you did it; you must have had such fun! Ole!!! Do tell me more about volleyball; I can't quite picture that!! Cherish these little ones; tomorrow they will be all grown up as mine are (our youngest is 13 and oldest going to be 21). And they were little like Liam only yesterday!

Love meg

Tim said...

!!!
Liam looks so grown up in these pictures!