Wednesday, June 20, 2007

JOINT PAIN

many of you know that quite a while before the cancer i was diagnosed with PMR which was causing a lot of joint pain. The rheumatologist told me that the chemo would help the condition and i would be able to cut back on the prednisone....it did seem to calm it down and i did cut back on the prednisone.
Well now that the chemo is over i am in the throes of a real PMR flare-up or suffering the side effects of Arimidex which is the 5 year regimen to prevent recurrence. Joint pain is one of the main side effects....
whichever it is, i am stiff and in pain......and do not want to up the prednisone as it has its own ugly side effects.....
tomorrow i go for an evaluation of the lymphedema......
is there any end........................?????? I'm more than ready for one....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it feels like there is no end...so far there isn't! In my experience, this is often the case when someone has multiple health conditions. It becomes difficult to tell what conditions and what medications are causing what symptoms. It is complicated and frustrating because if we can't figure out the cause, we can't change the effect. It is made even worse because the condtions suffer a domino effect...an endless loop of chain reactions. My heart goes out to you as yet another condition is piled on those you already have. I wish you the strength to hold on for yet one more medical treatment as you reach for wellness.

Anonymous said...

....SO SHE DANCES. And you will once again. Hang on. I love you, Geri

Anonymous said...

I bet you are waiting for an end and there will be one. I think your body takes a while to adjust to the Armidex. I am still sore with leg aches, joint aches you name it but of course you have multiple problems with the joints and bones. Hang in there. You will be dancing in no time. It is important to keep the body moving. I pushed myself. Love you Maureen