Thursday, October 16, 2008

my hero gloria steinem


yes - hero she is
and is one of the women being honored by Maria Shriver so she appeared on oprah today........
one of the things she said in the conversation will stick with me forever......Many things she has said over the years have become part of my life.....and today i really loved what she said that fits what i have felt so often.......it comforted me to have my sadness validated and know that what i often feel is not depression...
I have come to know...
Depression is when nothing matters
Sadness is when everything matters


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SAW GLORIA ON OPRAH AND WAS AMAZED AT HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE IS. SHE ONLY GETS BETTER WITH AGE. SHE IS A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE FOR ALL WOMEN OF ALL AGES. I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED LISTENING TO HER! THANK YOU, GLORIA!!