Saturday, February 23, 2008

INGER AT REST



my friend and neighbor of 41 years, Inger Marie Robinson died very peacefully yesterday afternoon at 1:00 p.m.surrounded by many of her family and friends. The end was gentle.... a few breaths and death came softly - a blessing for her and those gathered....Hospice took care of all the details..... i don't know how families who do not use this wonderful group make it through the maze of details when a death occurs.
Today i went with the family to the mortuary to support them in making the final choices....
she will be "buried" in a wall next to her mom in Fremont.
She was surrogate mom to my boys and the picture above shows her delight in one of my grandchildren, Ben. She also delighted in Liam and Ronan when they were around....
i just luckily had the camera out while we were all raking last fall......
may her spirit live in the hearts of we who loved her.....blessed be her journey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

may she be at rest....

Anonymous said...

I feel like I know Inger as I've heard you mention her many times over the years. Her photo is beautiful, such a kind and loving face. I know it was hard for you to be so involved in her dying process, but it will be a lasting, loving memory for you, bitter sweet, and yet, an honor to have been able to help her and her family. I know she whispered "thank you" on her way to heaven. I love you, Geri

Anonymous said...

Inger is at peace. I know it must have been very hard for you to be a part of her dying but you were sure a great help to her family and I am sure her family and Inger appreciated your help.

Love ya
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Inger is at peace. I know it must have been very hard for you to be a part of her dying but you were sure a great help to her family and I am sure her family and Inger appreciated your help.

Love ya
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Hello Eileen,

I'm Lynn Pisani and my mother and Inger were very close before my mother's death years ago. I was so sad to hear of Inger's passing and I"m grateful you were there for her. She was such a pillar of kindness for all children and I loved her through my adult life. Thank you for taking care of her and please let her children know I am thinking of them. I don't know how to contact them,

Kindly,

Lynn Howe (Pisani)

Lori Howe (Pisani) said...

Hi Eileen,
I'm Lori, Lynn's sister. I was so sorry to hear of Inger's passing, growing up she was like a second Mom to me, we were very close to the Robinson family, in fact, we called ourselves cousins! As I was trying to find my way through life I'm sorry to say I didn't stay in touch, because as I sit here typing I can still see her smiling face, and am remembering fondly the love and fun on Shady Lane. Thank-you for being there for her and her family...
Sincerely,
Lori Howe (Pisani)