Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Back to Reality





I had a free plane ticket so went to visit my sister Geri in Naples FL. My sister christine also flew down for fewer days....i was there 10 days in perfetc weather.... no humidity and no extreme heat...which was good news for my hot flashes....it was just good for all of us to be together....
geri and i mostly ate !, collected shells and shopped the dozens of consignment shops that are there....
the beautiful navel oranges are from my friend bob's who lives in Vencie about an hour's drive north and the grapefruits grow right in the yard at geri & tom's......
while everyone watched the super bowl, geri and i went to the movies to see "JUNO" (don't miss it....)
One night we went to the Philharmonic theater to see the musical DROWSY CHAPERONE which was wonderful...
my body took a beating from the plane trips.... my rib is in a lot of pain and the lymphedema swelling is always worse after flying..... in the midst of the week, my compression sleeve and glove were accidently thrown out in the trash so i have an appt on fri to replace them
geri and i bandaged my arm and hand before the trip and did a pretty good job but it kept slipping and was a nuisance....having this the rest of my life sucks !!!
i had missed connections with the airlines and they had to juggle me all over hell and back and i didn't arrive back here till midnite (3 a.m. body time) and not in san jose as planned....i plan to sleep a lot to try and catch up.....

No comments: