Friday, February 08, 2008

worn out

although i loved my visit to Florida - my body sure didn't.....
-my dislocated rib seems way more dislocated and very painful
-the stiffness and pain in joints and muscles is worse
and my hand and arm are really swollen.....lymphedema doesn't fly well!!!!
I drove to Morgan Hill today to the lymphedema clinic to get a new sleeve and glove....if you remember mine got mistakenly thrown out in Florida.....
Wow!they're expensive....and insurance won't pay despite what's called the Women's Cancer Act passed in 1998 which specifically mentions that lymphedema treatment must be covered.
The nurse at the clinic keeps bugging them but they refuse to budge.....
one of these days when i get up some energy i plan to challenge medicare and blue shield based on the law.
the insurance companies sure rule this world !!!!!!
i'm sure it will take some time for my body to recover from the plane trips.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get some rest and take it easy! Reality bites! Love you, Geri