Thursday, February 08, 2007

CRYING IN THE RAIN

Some day when my crying’s done
I’m gonna wear a smile and walk in the sun - Everly Brothers"CRYING IN THE RAIN"

I don’t cry often enough
Am so used to holding it in
But this morning I let it out
And have cried and screamed
most of the morning
I have an errand to do
And can’t find the strength
or steadiness
To do it
A shower had me shaking
Getting dressed weak
A new symptom
Has reared its ugly head
The nausea
I had heard about
And thought I’d missed….
It showed up a few days ago
I thought it might be
Something I ate
But alas
It has hung around
Day and nite
As a queasy, ugly
Sore, sour
Stomach….
Add that to the
“chemo eyes’
watering and stuck together
the skin that itches and hurts
the overwhelming fatigue
the scary anxiety
and I deserve to scream and cry


2 comments:

Tim said...

Oh yuck. Sorry the nausea has got you. Hang in there, and cry as much as you need to.

I think I have that Everly Brothers song on my computer at home. Do you have it?

Anonymous said...

Hang on, you're half way home.... I love you, Geri