Tuesday, February 06, 2007

UPON WAKING....

upon waking
my head is spinning with ideas
things i want to do
i want to plant a rose bush
pull the weeds
clean the bedroom
sing and dance
see my little boys
listen to their stories
revel in their laughter
drive to the ocean
go to the mall
knit something new
read a book
and then i realize
none of it will be
the simple task of frying an egg
sends me back to bed
then hours later
a short shower sends me back to bed
sharing soup and bread
sends me back to bed
shaking and weak
exhausted and worn out
the rose bush, the weeds
the ocean
the book
and all of it
are only wishes
that can't come true today.....
and so back to bed to rest
and heal becomes what's real
for now.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..but your wishes will come true...eventually... you WILL get through this... spring isn't far off... much love.

Anonymous said...

If nothing else comes of this sucky situation, you have become a poet! Your writings are beautiful and I still think they should be published somewhere so that others can know that they are not alone in their thoughts and feelings. I love you, Geri