Friday, March 23, 2007

SHE'S EVERYWHERE

At every turn, newspapers, tv, radio.... Elizabeth Edwards stands bravely to announce:
"My cancer has returned - treatable, but not curable..."
Such terrifying words to the 1 in 8 women and lesser #'s of men who are diagnosed with breast cancer....
I watched Larry King's show last nite - very scary to watch but important information from survivors and Dr. susan Love the foremost expert on the subject....
this will continue to be a top story in the news so the fear level and insecurity will be raising its ugly head even more for a while to come....
it never will disappear but to have it right in my face is another dark shadow to face today.....
Blessed be Elizabeth and the hundreds of thousands unknown brave women and men who face this shadow in their lives......

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow. ~Dan Rather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Elizabeth Edwards story has raised real fear for me also. I did see Larry King last night and I did learn alot. I also decided that my fear will lessen as time goes on. We cannot let this news take over our lives. We must get through our treatments and go on.

Love you

Maureen

Anonymous said...

one way to deal with it is to choose not to watch the shows about it over and over.