Saturday, March 10, 2007

SURRENDER


I have this print hanging on the wall of my "office" and I need the daily reminder it represents. It's title is THE FLAME OF SURRENDER and those who know me well were surprised when i bought a few years ago because of all the red, yellow and orange - not colors i have around me. the print is much more red than it looks here.... I found it in a small boutique in Capitola and was moved to tears at its beauty.
the artist has since become a favorite - i buy her cards and bookmarks often and an occasional small print as a gift. I invite you to enjoy her work
Mara Berendt Friedman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful site. I just love it! I'll be visiting it again and thanks for sharing! Love Geri

Anonymous said...

surrender...it is so very hard to do...and yet there are times when we must.

Your writing the past couple of days demonstrates the depth of your fatigue and weariness. It is difficult to come up with the energy to even surrender when one is that tired.

There is a kind of release when one is able to surrender. You have surrendered to so much already. My hope for you is that you find the relief in your surrenders.

Please, continue to post and tell your story. Your words remind me of what I might need to do, and when there is nothing else I can do, I can support you by reading your words. Thank you for sharing your journey. I treasure your gift.