Wednesday, March 28, 2007

tomorrow

as is my typical self - i am not living in today but already stressed about tomorrow....
i "should" be excited and happy that it is my last chemo treatment yet for some reason i am weepy and shaky thinking about it...
everyone else is excited that it's over... i am still in the throes of the side effects which won't be over for who knows how long....so have not gotten to the excitement level yet....
my prayer for me today is to just be in the now and let tomorrow come when it comes.....
Corita Kent:
Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be excited and happy for you and your last chemo treatment tomorrow! Then it's downhill as the effects wear off and you'll feel better. Be proud of yourself that you've come this far! It's been hard but you've done it!
That was a good dinner out last night and good conversation!

Anonymous said...

I know you are filled with many feelings but I can't feel anything but relief and happiness that you are finished with the worst of your treatment. I love you, Geri

aliwi said...

It's so hard to stay in the moment when something difficult in looming in the near future. I know you'll be happy to have your chemo treatments over.....but that doesn't mean you have to look forward to getting through the last one.
I'll be thinking of you today, and looking forward to lunch tomorrow when we can celebrate that this part of the journey had ended.