Tuesday, April 17, 2007

HIGH ANXIETY

I always wanted a tattoo but not necessarily the way i got a few today.... it was mark-up day where they do a CT scan and mark the areas to be radiated....tiny little dots that are permanent tattoos....
i did make a mistake in going alone as my anxiety level was really high because of my broken shoulder and also a new medical procedure also raises my panic attack threshold....being in that donut hole even for just a little while is something i can hardly stand.....
Of course i made it through....with lots of encouragement from the nurses and technician who kept telling me ..."you're stronger than you think.... relax"... etc...I forgot my ipod which may have helped...just wish i could get thru these things with less anxiety and trauma...
my shoulder is hurting a lot and i'm left with a pounding headache....
one more day - one more step - and I DID IT .....
a new journey begins.....a simulation on monday and treatment begins tuesday for 6 weeks -5 days a week....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Hey! Hurray!! Another step towards the end. This will fly by really quickly and before you know it, summer will be here (though it's hard to say that with today's weather!) More prayers and good vibes sent your way!

Anonymous said...

Cool! So glad you got through this and are on your way to your radiation. It's true, it flies by and there is no pain involved so you'll do great. Love you, Geri