Thursday, January 25, 2007

GRAY

A grey day surrounds me
Sun hiding

The birds have shown up at the feeder

Like they do every morning

I can hear their hungry song
Somehow they know there’s a place for them
A safe place to be nourished

A place to come back to each day

They remind me of my hungry song
Buried deep
Wanting a safe place
away
from this daily struggle
A soft place to fall

Into something other than exhaustion

A bit of sunshine in this grayness…
So one more gray day

I will tune into their melody

Wanting to hear a song of hope

That I know lives in my soul….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we come to the edge of the light we know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, of this we can be sure.

Either God will provide something solid to stand on or we will be taught to fly.

Hau'oli Po'alima me tita (happy Friday my sister).

Anonymous said...

You write so very well---your poetry is beautiful. I hope someday you'll publish your works.
Love and warm thoughts, Judy