Tuesday, January 02, 2007

SHARING SUPPORT


Upon finding out that my hair is falling out, at least a dozen people have said or written "It'll grow back...."
OF COURSE IT WILL...
And in the midst of this trauma it's the furthest thing from my mind.
Although I know "I am not my hair", the gutwrenching feeling of losing a part of me is pretty overwhelming....
I have always loved my hair and take pride in keeping it looking good and well cared for...
So in the moment..... this F!@#$%^&*() sucks and the far off notion that it will grow back isn't a great help....
So please join me in validating the suckiness of the present.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you...say it like it is! I absolutely hate platitudes...they are no help at all in the given moment. Give each day its full measure...and then get on with the next! Love and prayers!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great way for you to deal with your fears, frustrations, anger,happy thoughts,good feelings, etc. Congratulations to you for your courage and willingness to forge ahead into the unknown.

Your friend from SMHS who came from afar!!!! Guess who..............

PJ said...

Fuck Buffy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm guilty as charged. It's one of those lame responses one provides in the face of something one has no power to fix.

It DOES suck to lose your hair. I am right there with you, on full volume suckiness.

Love to you...