Monday, January 01, 2007

HOLDING BOTH

souldancer
These last couple of days have been practice in holding BOTH pleasure AND PAIN
and the culprit has been PBS.... Not being much of a tv watcher, I have had 6 hours of wondrous joy and beauty pouring out in front of me....the only time ever I'd wished for a huge screen and surround sound....all the while still trying to overcome the effects of an infection and chemo.
Last nite it was Nashville - tonite Vienna
Garrison Keilor's New Year's Eve show and the Vienna Philharmonic's New Year's celebration tonite...
2 sides of the world bringing their magic to fill my soul..
Dobro and dance
Viennese and Vincent (Rhonda)
Wobegon and waltz
ballet and banjo
strings and silver boots
Mehta and mandolin
Hope and horror as the first strands of my hair began to fall tonite...
I ask for courage to walk with hope thru this new horror......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well.... you're adventurous!!! (no spell check, sorry!)
Looking forward to reading more!