Monday, January 08, 2007

WAITING FOR "UP"


they tell you day 4 is a turnaround day - body going back "up" to prepare for another treatment...
welll it just ain't so.... this time anyway....
I don't ever remember being in bed so much in my lifetime....since sat - i've been able to do just plain nothing!
I forced myself to take a shower and get dressed so i could make a short grocery store run.... it was very hard and it took everything i had to get to the corner store and back and then back to bed....
what's left of hair is falling everywhere.....what a mess!!!
I await tomorrow with HOPE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to find words of comfort, Eileen, as most of us haven't been through your ordeal. Just know that there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. It may be a ways off, but it is there. Keep your eye on the light and hang on. I love you, Geri

PJ said...

I'm hoping too, dear one. A shower AND a shopping trip can be overwhelming when you're feeling crappy. I'm happy to run to the grocery store for you if you'd rather not.

Deep love,
pj

Anonymous said...

A good discription that helped me understand our loss of energy was this.
While taking treatment one often feels like a wind up clock. "Wind up," not "Batterey-operated." A battery-operated clock begins to lose seconds, then mnutes, before it stops: but when a wind-up clock stops, it stops. It is natural for one to have very little reserve energy, to be going along fine one minute and be totally beat the next. Sit down, lie down and let you clock rewind. Then you'll be ready to count more squares in that sidewalk Eileen!
Love,
Mary